When someone thinks of Dubai, what flashes in his mind, are high rise buildings, sheer luxury, fast moving life, and most importantly a global business hub. And when it comes to travelling in Dubai or UAE, with luxury and convenience, one can easily depend upon ‘AAA RENT A CAR JLT-DUBAI’. Driving around in UAE is definitely a pleasure. However, there are some points, one needs to consider before hitting the road.
- Don’t drive without a valid license. In order to apply for a driver’s license, you must have a Residence Visa.
- Only those entering the UAE on a Visit Visa or those holding a driver’s license issued by a GCC country can rent a vehicle.
- If your spouse enters on a Visit Visa, he/she can rent a car using an international driver’s license or a temporary UAE driver’s license.
On The Road
- In UAE, vehicles are driven on the right side of the road.
- It is illegal to drive over the paved shoulder.
- It is also illegal to speak on mobile phone while driving; so get a “hands-free” accessory for your phone.
- It is against the law to turn right, when the signal is red.
- There are many roundabouts in UAE. Try to stay on the inside lane when turning left and always flash signal before turning.
- Seatbelts (including rear seatbelts) in cars and buses are mandatory and should be worn at all times. Children below 10 years are not allowed on the front seat.
- Watch out for speed bumps. They are usually indicated in yellow and can be quite high.
- You will be rarely stopped by a policeman for speeding, but note that there are many hidden radar cameras.
- If you are involved in an accident, immediately call the police and do not leave from there.
- Make sure that you have your registration card and driving license with you.
- When the police arrive, they will determine who is at fault so make sure to cooperate and answer their questions.
- In the case where you are determined to be at fault, you will be given a pink form. If you are determined not to be at fault, you will be given a green form.
- A garage cannot repair accidental damage without this form, so make sure to keep it safe.